The Audi A4 Is Born
Known for their beautiful interior designs, top of the line features, and complete luxury experience, Audi’s future looks bright. Living up to the name they have built for themselves, the 2015 model of Audi’s A4 is wonderfully impressive.
The Audi A4 is a front engine compact executive line that was created in late 1994. The car comes in both front wheel and Audi’s infamous Quattro all-wheel drive system.
2015’s model features a facelift, redesigned LED headlamps/ tail lights, front air dam with fog lamps, and closely set twin exhausts. Audi also made a couple changes to the interior, these include a three-spoke steering wheel and a redesigned ignition key.
Perhaps the most exciting feature added was the new “Drive Select System”. DSS gives drivers a choice between Comfort, Dynamic, Individual, and Efficiency modes. This allows the person behind the wheel the opportunity to really customize their driving experience in a unique way.
What are critics saying about the latest model?
Let’s take a look at the Audi A4 ratings from some of the biggest critics in the auto industry:
The experts at Edmunds gave the A4 an “A” rating.
What did Edmunds like about this vehicle?
- 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine: Supercharged, this engine produces 220 horsepower and 258 pounds per feet of torque. Although the A4 has less power than competing brands, it still offers plenty of speed.
- Interior: There’s no comparison when it comes to interior. The A4 provides a minimalistic cabin with leather upholstery. Legroom, comfort, and a roomy backseat definitely stand out in this model. Plus, Audi’s Multi Media Interface allows for quick entertainment control right on the dashboard.
- Safety: Tested at 60 mph, the A4 came to a complete stop in 108 feet. Government crash tests gave the Audi A4 a 5 star rating in the safety department.
• Less expensive than BMW and Mercedes
• Bluetooth is not a standard option
• Control layout is not intuitive
U.S. News Audi A4 Ratings
This year, the Audi A4 landed in the 6th spot of the “upscale small cars” category. An overall rating of 8.5 was given. Reliability received a 3 out of 5. Here is the rating breakdown:
- Performance: 8.4
- Interior: 8.4
- Safety: 9.2
- Critic’s Rating: 9.0
Due to the standard model’s 4-cylinder engine, performance ratings were lower than expected. This being said, a large portion of reviewers stated that even with 4-cylinders, the car produced great acceleration and had fantastic gas mileage. Additionally, the V6 model offers 265 horsepower and is able to go from 0 to 60 in just 6.0 seconds.
The average reliability rating was provided by J.D. Power and Associates. This 3 star rating may be due, in part, to the vehicle’s front airbag recall in late October. Although 102,000 vehicles were recalled, Audi released a statement saying that they noticed the problem during routine testing and that nobody had been affected by the airbag malfunction.
The 2015 Audi A4 offers seating for five, 24 mpg in the city, and 32 mpg on the highway. It comes in both front and all wheel drive options and has numerous configurations.
Known for its beautiful interior and exceptional performance, the Audi A4 performed flawlessly during its crash tests. It is an incredibly safe vehicle with a fantastic design.
Multi Media Interface may overcomplicate simple controls such as audio and climate control.